Dr. M. Devakar
M.Sc (UOH), Ph.D (NITW)
Joined the Institute in November 2008
Department of Mathematics
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur
Maharashtra – 440 010
Phone (0ffice): 0712- 2801407
Email: m_devakar[at]yahoo[dot]co.in, m_devakar[at]mth[dot]vnit[dot]ac[dot]in
Research Area: Fluid Dynamics
Awards & Honours:
- National Eligibility Test (NET) Qualified in 2004
- UGC Junior Research Fellow (JRF) during July 2005-June 2007
- UGC Senior Research Fellow (SRF) during July 2007-July 2008
- Special Rank in State Level Mathematical Olympiad, (A.P) 2003
- Second Rank in M.Sc (Applied Mathematics) at University of Hyderabad 2004
- State 64th Rank in Ed-CET 2002 for pursuing Bachelor of Education
- College Topper in B.Sc, Government Degree College, Jammikunta (Affiliated to Kakatiya University) 2002
Membership in Professional Bodies:
Life Member of India Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM), India
Life Member of Andhra Pradesh Society for Mathematical Sciences, India
Completed: 00 Ongoing: 02
- M.Sc Projects
Completed: 00 Ongoing: 02
- B.Tech Projects
Completed: 01 Ongoing: 00
- Mathematics-I & Mathematics-II for First Year B.Tech
- Numerical Computing
- Integral Transforms & Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Numerical Methods & Probability Theory
- Complex Variables & Integral Transforms
- Numerical Solutions of Differential Equations
- Statistics & Optimization Techniques
- Applications of OR Techniques in Construction
- Measure and Integration
- Real Analysis
- Complex Analysis
- Fluid Dynamics
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “ Generalized Stokes’ problems for an incompressible couple stress fluid ”, International Journal of Mathematical, Computational Science and Engineering (WASET), Vol. 8 No. 1, pp. 63-66, 2014.
- M.Devakar, “MHD effects on the unsteady flow of a couple stress fluid due to the sudden motion of an infinite flat plate”, European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol 94 (4), pp 398 - 405, 2013.
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “Unsteady flows of a micropolar fluid between parallel plates using state space approach”, The European Physical Journal Plus (Springer) Vol 128 (4): 41(1-13), 2013.
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “Run up flow of an incompressible micropolar fluid between parallel plates-A state space approach”, Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol 35, pp 1751-1764, 2011.
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “Magnetohydrodynamic effects on the first problem of Stokes for a micropolar fluid: a state space approach” Proceedings of 2011 World Congress of Engineering and Technology (Published by IEEE), Vol 2, pp 245-250, 2011.
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “Run up flow of an incompressible couple stress fluid between parallel plates”, Non-Linear Analysis: Modelling and Control, Vol 15 (1), pp 29-37, 2010.
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “ Stokes’ second problem for a micropolar fluid through state space approach”, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, Vol 36 (3), pp 193-206, 2009.
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “ Stokes’ problems for an incompressible couple stress fluid”, Non-Linear Analysis: Modelling and Control, Vol 13 (2), pp 181-190, 2008.
- M.Devakar and T.K.V.Iyengar, “ Stokes’ first problem for a micropolar fluid through state space approach”, Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol 33 (2), pp 924-936, 2009.
- Coordinator, First Year B.Tech, July 2013 – till date
- Warden, PG Hostel, VNIT Nagpur, June 2010 – June 2012 (2 years)
- Warden, Hostel Block-3, VNIT Nagpur, July 2012 – May 2013
- Member, Reception Committee, 8th Convocation of VNIT (2010)
- Member, Degrees & Dockets Committee, 9th Convocation of VNIT (2011)
- Member , Admission Committee, AIEEE-2009 and AIEEE-2010
- Member, M.Sc Admission Committee 2013
- Coordinator, M.Sc (Mathematics), July 2013 – till date
- Coordinator, Department Purchases, July 2012 – till date
- Coordinator, Department Time Table, Even Sem. 2009-2010 and Academic Year 2012 – 2013
- DEC (Departmental Examinations Coordinator), January 2011 – June 2012
- Coordinator, Department Annual Report Consolidation 2010-2011
- Observer for the IIT JEE (MAIN) – 2013 at Amravati, Maharashtra
- Observer for NMC (Nagpur Municipal Corporation) Examinations held on 22nd April 2012
- Active Member of Committee in bringing up the Magazine “Neuron – A Computer Paradigm” at Government Degree College, Jammikunta (A.P) during in 2002
Faculty In Charge, Ugadi (Gudi Padva) Puja in 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Convener, National Conference on Computational and Applied Mathematics in Science and Engineering (CAMSE-2012) during 21-22 December 2012 Jointly with Dr.P. Pramod Chakravarthy and Dr.G. Naga Raju at Department of Mathematics, VNIT Nagpur.
- Coordinator, Self sponsored Short Term Training Program on Recent Advances in Mathematics and its Applications to Science and Engineering (RAMASE)-2013 at the Department of Mathematics, VNIT Nagpur, during 6-10, May 2013 Jointly with Dr. Pallavi Mahale.
- Coordinator, for arranging Popular Talk entitled “Optimism, Success and Happiness” by distinguished professor (Retd.) of NIT Warangal, Prof.T.K.V. Iyengar on 8-05-2013.
International Conference on “Applied and Engineering Mathematics (AEM 2011)”, Shanghai, China during 28 –30 October 2011. (for Paper Presentation)